Happy New Year to all our ICE & FIRE fans!
To kick-off 2018, we’re delighted that Archaeosoup Productions have once again released a fantastic video. Here, Adam Mead presents the project’s scope, what the 2017 season of geophysical surveys, pollen-coring, test pits and excavations have revealed so far, and what lies ahead. To be honest, 2017 results have already exceeded all expectations! The video runs for 36 minutes (after a short advert) and includes an overview of timelines back into prehistory.
“The ICE AND FIRE project is making a positive difference looking after the past and giving a future to this precious resource, our Eston Hills.”
– Robert Nichols | Discover Middlesbrough
- Watch the 2017 video “A Very Special Place“ »
- Learn more about the archaeology of Eston Hills »
- Don’t forget, you can register your interest in future field and post-excavation work »
– ICE AND FIRE Project Team